SCO - Two harddisk controllers

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Sun Oct 1 01:42:49 AEST 1989

I found some useful information on my trek to get two controllers working,
and I thought it would be useful to some others out there judging from
previous articles that incorrectly identify controller types.
I know it was useful to myself :

WESTERN DIGITAL:

CONTROLLER	CLASS	TYPE		INTERLEAVE

WD-GEN2		XT	Dual HD MFM	3:1
WD=WX1		XT	Dual HD MFM	3:1
WD-3VMM1	AT	Dual HD MFM	2:1
WD-3VMM2	AT	Dual HD/FD MFM	2:1
WD-6VMM1	AT	Dual HD MFM	1:1
WD-6VMM2	AT	Dual HD/FD MFM	1:1

ST-A27X		XT	Dual HD RLL
WD-3VSR1	AT	Dual HD RLL	2:1
WD-3VSR2	AT	Dual HD/FD RLL	2:1
WD-6VSR1	AT	Dual HD RLL	1:1
WD-6VSR2	AT	Dual HD/FD RLL	1:1

ADAPTEC

CONTROLLER	CLASS	TYPE		INTERLEAVE

2072		XT	Dual HD RLL
2370		AT	Dual HD RLL	1:1
2372		AT	Dual HD/FD RLL	1:1
2310		AT	Dual HD MFM	1:1
2312		AT	Dual HD/FD MFM	1:1
2322		AT	Dual HD/FD ESDI	1:1

Sorry, no SCSI or other ESDI Info.

--
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530                   (516) 663-1170
                                 markd at adelphi.UUCP  or  mark at promark.UUCP