SCO 2 Harddisk controllers

Mark J. DeFilippis mark at promark.UUCP
Wed Oct 4 10:22:20 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct2.222253.25134 at ddsw1.MCS.COM>, karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

> The F5 cards WILL lock up like this if you have them running in latched
> mode.  We went back to a Feature 3 card, and the problem disappeared.  I
> haven't thoroughly checked the F5 card with the jumper installed, but it
> _appeared_ to solve the problem.
>
> Yes, it is a controller glitch.

The configuration I tried was a WD1006V-MM1 3/4 card as the 1st card, and
a WD1006-WAH F001 card the second.  I assume the 1006V-MM1 is whatever the
current feature level of that board is.  In my previous articles I was not
sure of the feature level of the older 1006-WAH, now I am.
Both are set for Non-Latched operation.  Could the F001 be my problem?
Possibly a second WD1006V-MM1 woull be a solution?  Problem is all the WD and
Adaptec controllers don't have the card edges.  Does anyone know if any of
the following DTC cards can change the interrupt AND port address with a
jumber, of if the card edges are present.  (Of course I called DTC 4
times without a return phone call..., would I ask otherwise?)  I seem to
recall someone (I lost the article) mentioning they were using a DTC board.

DTC 5180 HD MFM 2:1
DTC 5280 HD/FD MFM 2:1
DTC 7180 HD MFM 1:1
--
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530                   (516) 663-1170
                                 markd at adelphi.UUCP  or  mark at promark.UUCP