EMACS on 386 Xenix

William R. Pearson wrp at biochsn.acc.Virginia.EDU
Mon Oct 23 23:20:19 AEST 1989

>I have easily compiled and installed GNU emacs 18.55 under SCO Xenix i386
>2.3.2.
>But if you have less than 4 MB I can't recommend the usage of GNU emacs.
>Try MicroEmacs instead.

	The absolute best emacs for Xenix (and DOS) is Epsilon from Lugaru
Software.  $195 retail, $150 from Programmers Shop, Programmers Connection,
etc.  Very fast, much closer to GNUemacs than Microemacs (I-search works),
very well integrated into Xenix and Dos (Allows executing programs within
an emacs buffer, provides FLOWCTRL option for people who cannot send ^S).
Also provides a complete C-like programming language, with source code for
the commands.  I just wish it were available for more machines.

Bill Pearson