dosread.c again

Andrew Chan chan at eeserv
Sat Oct 21 11:33:42 AEST 1989

In article <2501 at optilink.UUCP> cramer at optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:

>I'm sure that if DOS weren't used by COMMON PEOPLE, the DOS-haters
>would make appropriate criticisms of the many very real deficiencies
>of DOS, and leave it at that.  But as long as someone can learn to
>use a computer without devoting years of their life to it, the
>DOS-haters will remain filled with irrational hatred.
>--

How about the Mac?  Do you hate the Mac OS Andy? :-)  I am yet another COMMON
PERSON but I do hate DOS.  I wish Minix could be more powerful as a multi-user
system.  I want to run a BBS but don't want it to be yet another MS-DOS bbs.
I want an Unix board but cannot afford the money they want for Unix/Xenix.

By the way, I have an 12 Mhz AT clone and I am very reluctant to commit myself
on 286 Unix/Xenix.  I am afraid that the vendors will soon abandon supporting
286 Unix/Xenix as 386's become cheaper.

Any suggestion from the net?