SCO Xenix 386 and VP/ix

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Wed Oct 18 22:34:06 AEST 1989

simon at ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:

>Does vp/ix allow users logged in on terminals (vt102, maybe vt220 or vt320)
>to run applications meant for dos?  or do you have to be on the console?

>Can terminal users run more than one dos app at a time?

>I know a lot of this stuff is available for xenix (see keywords) but I'd
>rather use vp/ix if it'll work the way I want.

>What kind of performance do you get when 8-10 users are using vp/ix?
>What about 4-5 users?  I was thinking of either a 25mhz or 33mhz machine
>with 4 or 8 megs of ram.

Yes, you can run vp/ix on a terminal.  No, a terminal user is stuck as a regular
dos user.

Performance goes down.  In general you should have at least a meg of memory
for each vp/ix session in progress, plus extra for the rest of the system.
You should also have the fastest possible machine, especially if you are
going to be running multiple sessions.  Performance is not great, but it
does work.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.