setcolor(C) and VGA

Jim Morton jim at applix.UUCP
Fri Oct 6 07:05:12 AEST 1989

In article <4863 at cps3xx.UUCP>, usenet at cps3xx.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
> Environment: 386/20 with Maxlogic VGA card (based on Cirrus chip set)
>
> I can't seem to get color text to display with this combination. I'm
> using the setcolor(C) command as a test....
> Before anyone points at my VGA card and says incompatible, I have used
> this card under VP/ix and displayed color graphics fine.

  VP/ix is not an acid test for compatibility. Someone at the SCO Forum '89
  remarked that setcolor(c) was the "Flight Simulator of Xenix" to test for
  EGA/VGA compatibility, and everyone in the audience chuckled. Try to get
  your hands on one of the "VGA Register Compatibility Test" diskettes that
  are floating around. The one I have is from Paradise.
--
Jim Morton, APPLiX Inc., Westboro, MA
...uunet!applix!jim    jim at applix.com