init and break signals

Willy Paine paine at fungus.dec.com
Wed Oct 4 03:49:51 AEST 1989

At present, I am running XBBS with Hayes 2400 and TB in my Xenix/386
and this needs incomming caller to send break signals to get login prompt.
I have seen some Xenix BBS that does not need break signals.   I am looking
for homebrew or AT&T init program that does not need break signals into
login.    I am wondering why Xenix has inittab which is not currently
used as far as I am awared and I would like to use inittab instead of ttys.

There are many non-unix people knowing nothing about break signals and
ICS does not need break at all!

willy

p.s.  also  uunet!nwnexus!seaeast!willyp