Windowing system

Bob Weekley weekley at oldcolo.UUCP
Wed Oct 11 22:10:04 AEST 1989

In article <915 at madnix.UUCP> ray at madnix.UUCP (Ray P. Hill) writes,
regarding /usr3/public/wm286.tar on conexch:

>What a utility! No 286 XENIX should be without this one. Its like having
>multi-screens at any terminal not just the console. Who's been keeping this
>program a secret?

Could one of you please describe the functioning of this utility?
I do not have the liberty to arbitrarily load it to try it out, but it
piques my interest.

What does it require of the terminal? i.e. ansi? VT100? cursor control?

As much as GUI's (pronounced 'gooey') are on the horizon, a text based
windowing emulator for EASE OF USE would be a welcome bridge for those
who don't possess a mega-machine yet.

And, oh yes, how does it run on a 386 host?

Robert R. Weekley @ oldcolo.UUCP
                             THE OLD COLORADO CITY ELECTRONIC COTTAGE
      | Standard |          2502 W. Colorado Ave. #203; C.S., CO 80904
      |Disclaimer|           (719) 632-3391 [8-N-1]; 632-4848 [voice]

   "Freedom is the opportunity for self dicipline" -Dwight D. Eisenhower