xenix vi and Tmp files

Robert Swirsky swirsky at olivee.olivetti.com
Mon Oct 30 08:18:01 AEST 1989

Here's a few more facts relating to my vi problem:
	vi will die whenever the /tmp file gets larger than 518144 bytes.
	This is exactly 506K  (i.e., 506 * 1024). I seem to
	remember in Unix there's a file that specifies the amount of
	space any one use can occupy in /tmp, but I can't seem to
	find a similar thing in Xenix 2.3 (386).

	Also, as I said before, there's *plenty* of room on the device
	that holds /tmp. One thing I can't figure: If my text file is
	only 300 or so K, why is the /tmp file so much bigger?