packdisk on Xenix

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Fri Oct 27 06:20:04 AEST 1989

According to jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer):
>My only feelings is that it is faster to do a complete backup, verify,
>mkfs, and restore of a filesystem than it is to run packdisk.

Yes, but once you've cleaned your disk you can't interrupt the procedure
until you've finished the restoration.  Packdisk can be interrupted.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>