UUCP and SMTP Mail Routing

Dewey Paciaffi eddjp at althea.UUCP
Sat Sep 9 04:31:53 AEST 1989

Hi. I've been having a little problem with my mail lately, and was hoping
someone could come to my rescue.

I run elm and smail on a Xenix 386. I am connected to some local PCs that run
uupc-mail. The local and uucp mail to the PCs run fine. Last week I made
a TCP-IP connection to a local machine. Mail moves well over that connection
using the vendor supplied SMTP package.

My problem is that I would like to have elm/smail hand mail over to the
SMTP package when appropriate. Currently any bang or domain address mail
goes to uux, when I use elm.

Can I make smail cognizant of the fact that I have a TCP host connected
and route mail to it? Is this something that requires sendmail, and if
so, does anyone know where I could locate a copy of it?

I would appreciate any insight that anyone could offer. I have crossposted
this to a few groups, and so would prefer email replies where possible.

Thanks very much,
Dewey Paciaffi			eddjp at althea.UUCP