Can Xenix read Sun 1/4" tapes ?

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Thu Sep 28 21:29:35 AEST 1989

tan at bronson.UUCP (Tan Bronson) writes:

>    I've been able to write tapes which the Suns can read, but not
>visa versa. I've got a Bell Technologies XTC controller and board
>using the standard xenix tape drivers, and am running 2.3.3

If you can write a tape that the sun can read, then the sun has a
different tape drive.  It probably is about double the capacity of your
tape drive, and writes a much thinner track of information (because it
has double the number of tracks).  I have been able to read tapes made
on a sun, but I had verified that the sun had a 60 meg drive.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.