Modem question under Xenix 2.3.2

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Wed Sep 6 22:31:15 AEST 1989

kayvan at mrspoc.Transact.COM (Kayvan Sylvan) writes:

>I have three modems all running as in/out modems on this Xenix 2.3.2 (Everex
>Step 25 Mhz 386) box.

>The problem is with the Hayes 2400 modem. A 1200 baud modem can not connect
>to this modem (actually, it connects and gets a continuous stream of garbage).

>The Devices entry is:

>ACU ttyA11 - 2400 hayes2400
>ACU ttyA11 - 1200 hayes2400

One of your errors in in the Devices file.  Instead of the two lines
for the same serial line, replace it with the following line:

>ACU ttyA11 - 1200-2400 hayes2400

Then check the /etc/ttys file.  Check the second character of the entry
for the port.  Assuming you haven't changed the /etc/gettydefs file, the
character should be either '2' or '3'.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.