SCO 2.3.1 file system problems

Milan Strnad milan at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 11 03:42:02 AEST 1989

I'm running SCO's 2.3.1 on a Compaq 386/25 with a 300 Meg hard disk.
The disk is split into 2 partitions.  The root partition recently got
rather full, so when I killed the user process responsible for this,
I noticed that "du" and "df" gave me different figures. The difference
is about 20 Meg.  The system currently thinks the root file system has
20 more Meg in use than there actually is.  Doing a "fsck" on the
root file system causes "fsck" to exit after the first pass. Is this
a normal thing for "fsck" to do?

milan at gpu.utoronto.edu