Xenix and Archive Tape Drives (was: Xenix vs. Unix?)

John Boteler bote at csense.UUCP
Thu Sep 21 03:04:20 AEST 1989

>From article <171 at taumet.UUCP>, by mikel at taumet.UUCP (Michael S. Lueke):
> I have a TeleVideo 386/16MHz running SCO Xenix 2.3.2 and an Archive 150MB
> tape drive. I also have the problem of having to access the tape drive twice
> before it works.  CPU speed doesn't seem to be the answer. Sorry.

If you guys are accessing the tape system with the 'tape' command,
I suggest that you issue the command 'tape reset' before
each and every tape operation to ensure reliable performance.

It aint perfect, but if you want your data, you gotta do it.

--
Bote
Old & Improved path!: uunet!comsea!csense!bote