MultiView questions

Bruce A. McIntyre bruce at mdi386.UUCP
Tue Sep 19 00:28:30 AEST 1989

In article <KAYVAN.89Sep17222039 at mrspoc.Transact.COM>, kayvan at mrspoc.Transact.COM (Kayvan Sylvan) writes:
> We've been using MultiView at our site for a while now.
> While it's a great package, I seem to notice that with two people running
> multiview, the system gets pretty beat up. I wonder if anyone else has seen
> this??
> Is there any other (perhaps public domain) packages out there that do
> windowing on ascii terminals? Has anyone ported the UCB /usr/ucb/window
> program (or something similar) to Xenix?
> 			---Kayvan
> --
> Kayvan Sylvan @ Transact Software, Inc. -*-  Los Altos, CA (415) 961-6112
> Internet: kayvan at Transact.COM -*- UUCP: ...!{apple,pyramid,mips}!mrspoc!kayvan

I have used both MultiView and FaceTerm.  While MultiView is fancier, the
simplicity of FaceTerm may offer some speed improvements.  I have used it
primarily on Unisys machines, but I know they also offer it for Xenix.

It allows up to 16 windows for a user.  They also have a product called
PC-Facet that allows a PC to offload much of the windowing protocol from the
host to the PC.  What I liked best of FaceTerm was it's ability to buffer
the complete screen for a session in most terminals, so that when you switch
between sessions, you don't lose the screen.  Multi-View uses system buffers,
which is part of the overhead loss.

Try calling:
	Neal Bert
	Dir. Marketing