XENIX 2.2.3 and >1024 h.d. cylinders: possible?

Richard Goerwitz goer at sophist.uucp
Wed Sep 13 00:49:15 AEST 1989

Re big Wren drives > 1024 cylinders

You can always use the option, available via your WD1007 controller,
of formatting the drive as usual, but having the controller make it
appear to the operating system as though there were 63 sectors per
track and a whole lot less tracks.  I did this with my Miniscribe
3180E, and everything works fine.  Dunno about your Wren for sure, but
you can always call WD.  They know what is going on much better than
most of the drive manufacturers.

                                       -Richard L. Goerwitz
                                       goer at sophist.uchicago.edu
                                       rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer