SCO Unix 3.2 passwords

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Sep 26 06:49:48 AEST 1989

In article <5529 at tank.uchicago.edu>, goer at sophist.uucp (Richard Goerwitz) writes:
|  >He's quoting me, here:
|  >
|  >  A good tip, but what may be annoying to a hobbiest is a useful secuity
|  >feature in some uses.
|
|  This comment is indicative of what is, sadly, a widespread fallacy:  That
|  anyone who uses a 2-user system without a need for password security is,
|  by implication, a hobbyist.

  Actually I was refering to the spectrum of machines from the "1 user,
no external connections" to the public access systems. I was not
categorizing any particular machine as one thing or another, just
covering the bases on range of use. I use the term hobbyist in the sense
of a system used for personal, non-commercial purposes, not as a
perjurative in any sense.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon