Wyse 60/VPIX Problem

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Fri Sep 1 22:01:06 AEST 1989

In article <115 at ubbs-nh.MV.COM>, noel at ubbs-nh.MV.COM (N. Del More) writes:
> Everything seems to work nicely on the console, however, when attempting
> to run the same program from a remote console attached to either the
> standard serial port or the Digiboard Com/8i I experiance a problem that
> manifests itself as a failure to update and/or clear the screen.  The
> program (Quicken version 2) is not configured for graphics etc.
>
> If I enter a command nothing appears to happen, but if I call up the vpix
> menu and then escape the screen is updated.

Hi Noel.  I am running VP/ix 1.01.01 from Interactive under 386/ix
on both the primary console and remote serial terminals - and it runs
just dandy so far - and I haven't experienced the problems you have
mentioned.

I did however have a problem running the Computone board with UUCP
under 386/ix - come to find out that both the Computone and the Digiboard
drivers do not correctly support modem control which creates problems
when running uucp.   Computone still hasn't corrected the problem - so
the board is going back - and Digiboard's engineers are aware of the
problem in the driver - and an update will be released within two weeks.

--
Larry Snyder              uucp:iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry
The Northern Star Usenet Distribution Site, Notre Dame, IN USA