Can Xenix read Sun 1/4" tapes ?

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.masa.com
Fri Sep 29 05:18:40 AEST 1989

In article <6 at bronson.UUCP> tan at bronson.UUCP (Tan Bronson) writes:
>    I've been able to write tapes which the Suns can read, but not
>visa versa. I've got a Bell Technologies XTC controller and board
>using the standard xenix tape drivers, and am running 2.3.3
>    Is there some combination I have not tried yet?

With high density drives on both machines, the tapes should be
interchangeable.

However, it sounds like you have a low density, 60-mb drive (most Xenix
systems do) and the Sun has a high density, 120-mb drive (most Suns do).
In this case the low density tapes will be readable on the high density
drive, but not vice-versa.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com