Minimal H/W configuration??? (Terminal Server?)

Jim Burnes jburnes at pnet02.gryphon.com
Wed Sep 6 13:20:21 AEST 1989

hi!

To answer your question about a terminal server.  I'm a big fan of UNIX
but I think the optimal solution for your setup is to run TCP/IP on QNX.
QNX is a fast real-time multitasking multiuser networking OS that can
support a heavy communications load in a small pc that can be a diskless
workstation.  Eight users on a 10MHZ 286 AT running QNX would be no sweat.
Their address is:
   Quantum Software Systems, LTD
   175 Terrence Matthews Crescent
   Kanata, Ont., Canada, K2M 1W8
   (613) 591-0931

PS: QNX's throughput could be a deciding factor.  A 286 AT tasks switches
a full magnitude of order faster than XENIX/386 (pick your clock speed).
I still love unix and do not wish to start a flame war.  UNIX is good.
QNX is good.  Direct nasty responses to NULL:

Jim Burnes

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!jburnes
INET: jburnes at pnet02.gryphon.com