vp/ix (xenix version): what to do for sco unix 3.2 installation?

Phil Kemp kemp at convex1.convex.com
Tue Apr 10 17:26:51 AEST 1990

john at beaudin.UUCP (John Beaudin) writes:

>Do I have to get another version, or is there some fix? The custom install
>loops at some point. Thanks.

I just finished installing VP/ix 1.1 on an SCO UNIX system. The documentation
seems to infer that it is for Xenix only. (And you're right, the custom
installation does some funny things.) If you look at the Upgrade package
you will see that references to Xenix apply equally to UNIX System V.
(I received a base VP/ix and an upgrade as well.)

After a bit of patience I was able to get it up and running. I talked to SCO
support and they verified that there is one version (1.1) for both Xenix/386
and UNIX 3.2/386.

By the way I heard that an upgrade to version 1.2 is available to registered
owners of 1.1. ( No cost as well ) SCO, care to comment?

PK
Phil Kemp
CONVEX Computer of Canada Ltd.
Voice:(403)-278-1788