VPIX hangups

Tom Betz tbetz at upaya.lilink.COM
Wed Apr 11 03:41:18 AEST 1990

Quoth mikej at lilink.com (Michael R. Johnston) in <1990Apr10.010231.10650 at lilink.com>:
|In article <807 at zeusa.UUCP> hendrik at zeusa.UUCP (Hendrik Vermooten) writes:
|>From time to time my VP/IX (update 1.1.1) freezes the console screen and
|>keyboard. The terminals keep running happily, though.
|>
|>Surely there is some way of livening things up again from another terminal,
|>like sending some signal to some process?
|
|Try:
|	ps -t ttywhatever
|
|[get the pid of the 'vpix' process]
|
|    kill -1 vpixpid

This will kill the process, but the console screen remains frozen
nine times out of ten.  I have given up on finding a solution,
and simply wait until whatever is going on on the other pttys get
over with (usually it happens to me when there is a file transfer
going on using 'rz' from a PCOMM script on one of the console
pttys) and shutdown the system.

--
"I don't run - I tend to black my eyes." - D.Parton | hombre!marob!upaya!tbetz