emacs 18.55

Jonathan Dasteel root at dasteel.UUCP
Fri Apr 13 04:40:57 AEST 1990

In article <31 at grumbly.UUCP> root at grumbly.UUCP (Superuser) writes:

   Has anyone made emacs 18.55 with the SCO Unix dev syst? [cc or rcc]
   I'm using the m-intel386.h and s-usg5-3.h files.  Seem to be
   getting problems with TIOCGETC, winsize , ws_row, etc (at one
   time or another).

   Does this sound familiar to anyone?  [I've tried undef'ng TIO...
   ala XENIX and some other things - to no avail]

I had the same problem with 386/ix. If you don't need X11, this is what
I did:
	In sysdep.c ~line 688 --
		   #ifdef TIOCGETC
		   struct tchars	{ 					/* JBD */
			   unsigned char	t_intrc;		/* add this structure */
			   unsigned char	t_quitc;
			   unsigned char	t_startc;
			   unsigned char	t_stopc;
			   unsigned char	t_eofc;
			   unsigned char	t_brkc;
		   };
			.
			.	the rest of ifdef the same
			.

	In sysdep.c ~line 986, change the ifdef thusly:
		OLD:
		#ifdef TIOCGWINSZ
		NEW:
		#if defined(TIOCGWINSZ) && (defined(HBTCP) || defined(XWIN))

Apparently there is something brain damaged about the attempt to
retain Xenix backward compatability, but I could be wrong. At any
rate, this worked for me. BTW, my termcap (info?) had standout-glitch
(or some such thing) erroneously defined, which caused bogus behavior
on the mode line. You may need to fix this too, though not Emacs' fault.

                   -- JBD

Jonathan Dasteel                   Dasteel Software
213-394-1229                       1148 Fourth Street, Suite 100
uunet!dasteel!jbd                  Santa Monica, CA 90403
                                   Typesetting and graphics software