pointers - why dosn't this work? (patch level #1)

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Thu Apr 12 09:38:25 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr10.181613.5367 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <4135 at scorn.sco.COM> rogerk at sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) writes:
>>strdup(S) automagically does the malloc for you and returns a
>>pointer to where it duped the string.
>
>Assuming that you have a strdup() function.  It's not particularly standard.

I made the assumption that it was available because I was reading it
in comp.unix.xenix, not noticing the cross-post to comp.lang.c. I
don't know whether its standard or not but it is available in the SCO
libc. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused anybody.

Roger Knopf
SCO Consulting Services
--

"His potential clients were always giving him the business."
	--Robert Thornton