SCO Reveals solution to the WP 5.0 / VP/ix problem!

Tom Betz tbetz at upaya.lilink.COM
Wed Apr 11 10:23:44 AEST 1990

Well, there >is< a solution to the refusal of WP 5.0 to run on a networked
drive!  At long last, SCO's DiSCOver magazine (March/April) sez:

1) Format a B: Psuedo-drive. (Unfortunately, it's only 360K)
2) Install Word Perfect onto a WP50 directory on your Network (H:,U:) drive
3) Move the WP.FIL file from that directory to the B: drive
4) Invoke Word Perfect with 'wp/d=b'

They left out a couple steps:

5) Copy WPSMALL.DRS to B:WP.DRS (This allows Page Preview to work)
6) Configure Word Perfect (with Shift-F1) so it can find all those files
   on your Network drive.

I even have both my authorized VP/ix users using the same set of Word Perfect
files now!  Freed up a whole lot of space.

The only drawback is that Word Perfect's temporary files are limited to the
41984 bytes or so left free on the B: drive once you have installed all this.

Still, an occasional DISK FULL error within Word Perfect is a lot less
objectionable than the 'no space on dev 1/42' that shuts down the whole
system when the C: psuedo-drive outgrows available filesystem space.

Now, if I could only format the B: drive to 1.2 meg...

--
"I don't run - I tend to black my eyes." - D.Parton | hombre!marob!upaya!tbetz