cron

Paul Martin pmartin at psmsd.UUCP
Sat Feb 10 07:40:55 AEST 1990

In article <269 at pallas.UUCP>, kabra437 at pallas.UUCP (Ken Abrams) writes:
> In article <2735 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU> cs374107 at umbc5.umbc.edu () writes:
> >
> >At my home system, cron is acting weird (SCO 386 Xenix), cron seems to be
> >activating once,ie my 'news' file in crontabs does not get executed but
> >the first time I boot.  Any ideas as how to fix this? Thanks
>
> Put the following in your crontabs:
> 1 * * * * /bin/true
> This will keep cron "awake".
> There is a known problem with cron going to sleep with Xenix '386.
> This should fix it.  Supplied by SCO Tech. Support.  Works for me.

What version of Xenix/386 is cron broke?
Is the problem only with cron files other than root in crontabs dir?
I am running Xenix/386 2.3.2 and have not noticed this problem but
I bring my machine up and down all the time.  But the roon cron file
entries are being executed just fine.  Am I missing something about
the problem?

Just worried (hopefully for nothing)!

--
+--------[ Paul Martin at P.S.M. Software Development ]--------+
| Smart: pmartin at psmsd.UUCP     | "Yes I am serious, and don't |