ramdisk help

Brian Lawrence Dear whofan at well.sf.ca.us
Sat Feb 10 08:20:08 AEST 1990

We use SCO XENIX 386 version 2.2.3.  We'd like to set up a RAM disk
of 1 MB for storing a bunch of small support programs that get called
very often by our main program.  Right now it takes the disk a moment
to load each program before it can run, and this produces a noticable
delay in our interface -- a delay we'd like to remove.  With the
support programs in RAM, loading should be much quicker.

Unfortunately, we're at a loss as to how to decipher the SCO documentation
on RAM disks.  Does anyone have one in use?  What exactly did you do
to create the ram disk?

-- brian
   coconut computing, inc.
   la jolla, ca