SCO stopping enhancements for Xenix?

Don Glover corwin at polari.UUCP
Wed Feb 28 14:46:27 AEST 1990

In article <Hy78e2w160w at nstar.UUCP>, larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
> Has anyone else heard anything from SCO about stopping
> product development on the Xenix product, and only releasing
> bug fixes through 1991?

No, BUT what has just happened indicates that this might be the case.  In
november I was told by a tech support rep that there would be an upgrade
to the development system "in the first quarter of 90", this upgrade was
supposed to have brought the xenix compiler up to the equivalent of the
MicroSnot 5.1 compiler.  Today I was told there will be no upgrade for the
xenix development system, if I want to upgrade I have to go to Unix (and
as a result pay through the nose for the upgrade).