VP/IX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Feb 12 09:56:06 AEST 1990

In article <7369 at hlborl.UUCP> h_les at hlborl.UUCP (les brown) writes:

| When I encountered that little hitch, I thought it obvious to change
| the permissions on my DOS partition (which worked fine).  Am I
| compromising something somewhere?  I do *all* my DOS stuff in and
| from my DOS partition.

  The typical DOS partition is tied to permissions on /dev/hd00. If you
run a multiuser system with any non-tructed users, do not chaange
permissions on hd00. Instead, use mknod to create another node with the
same major and minor numbers, then give it a new owner and 600
permissions for that user.

  Disclamer: I thought this up myself, none of the blame or credit goes
to SCO.
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen at sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon