compiler error..

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Fri Feb 23 06:43:04 AEST 1990

In article <945 at chinacat.Lonestar.ORG> chip at chinacat.Lonestar.ORG (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>In article <854 at stsim.ocs.com> glenn at stsim (glenn ford) writes:
>>I recieved the following error trying to get conquer4 running under SCO Xenix
>>386, 2.3.1:
>>	Compiler error (internal): Infinite spill
>>What causes this, and is it fixed?
>
>My understanding is that it is due to a problem in the register usage
>scheme in the Microsoft compiler, and is activated by complex expressions.
>About all you can do is locate the expression causing the problem and
>simplify it.  Here is a portion of code in rn's "rcln.c" file which has
>this problem, and my fix:

Before you go modifying the code, try adding:

	-Dregister=

to your CFLAGS.  This will remove register declarations (it may break things
as well, if the user of the register didn't include a type; a common
problem, but one easy to fix).

This will usually get the offending code to compile.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]