ENORMOUS pathname

Ed Hew edhew at xenitec.on.ca
Wed Feb 7 19:46:00 AEST 1990

In article <350 at spcc386.UUCP> stefan at spcc386.UUCP (Stefan Posthuma) writes:
>Hi there,
>
>A directory-handling program went berzerk and now I have this path with
>about two hundred directories in there. I have tried but there seems to be
>no way to get rid of it. The shell breaks when I go deep enough, rm -r goofs
>up, fsck fails, rmdir crashes and so on.
>I am running SCO Xenix 386 2.3.1
>
>Bright ideas anyone?

Unless I'm missing something totally obvious here, the (RTFM) answer
is under find(c)

	cd bad_dir;find . -name "*" -exec rm {} \;

That can be simplified.
(rm can of course be replaced by any applicable valid command.)

> uunet!mcvax!spcc386!stefan

  Ed. A. Hew         SCO Authorized Instructor         Xeni/Con Corporation
  work:  edhew at xenicon.uucp	 -or-	 ..!{uunet!}utai!lsuc!xenicon!edhew
->home:	 edhew at xenitec.on.ca	 -or-	   ..!{uunet!}watmath!xenitec!edhew