HHEELLLPPP!!! (BNEWS3.0)

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Feb 14 15:34:28 AEST 1990

In article <17 at robecdc.UUCP> ghost at robecdc.UUCP (William.A.Sneed) writes:
| Somewhere I've overlooked the obvious. Bnews3.0 appears to compile without a
| great deal of problems. testdir seems to function without complaint. However,
| none of the news programs can open /usr/lib/news/history. The problem has to
| be in cranking up the POSIX libraries, but I'll da**ed if I can see it.

  I had it running here for a bit, but went to 2.11 when I rebuilt the
disk. No problems, I just didn't want to maintain more versions than I
must. It was developed on Xenix so there should be a combination of
option to make it work unless the people who are checking BSD
compatibility have broken the Xenix/SysV side. I'm not claiming they
have, just suggesting one possibility.
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen at sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon