Smail (2.5/3.0) for XENIX.

Bob Leffler bob at rel.mi.org
Sun Feb 25 23:25:42 AEST 1990

In article <333 at seer>, bll at seer (Brad Lanam) writes:
>     The one problem I have with it is when I send a message to multiple
> off-site users (e.g. mail foo at uunet bar at ucbvax), smail creates a uux
> control file that tells my link to execute the command
> "rmail foo at uunet bar at ucbvax".  Unfortunately, my feed's standard Xenix
> rmail program cannot handle multiple addresses and bombs.  The Xenix
> rmail apparently cannot handle multiple "To:" addresses -- if you want
> to do this you must use the "Cc:" field in the mail message itself.

This isn't a bug.  I don't recall the line in the smail 2.5 defs.h file,
but there is a variable that will force smail to generate a uux command
to each host on the command line.  I don't have smail online at the
moment, or I would supply the exact line.

>     Does anyone know if this is a bug in smail or a bug in the Xenix rmail
> program?

You might try asking your link to install smail, since the functionality
of smail is greater than what comes with the standard Xenix mailer.  I
believe that the current releases of the Xenix mailer allow rmail to
receive multiple addresses.  If I recall, SCO supplies a new rmail with
the Telebit uucico upgrade on SLS.

bob

--
Bob Leffler - Electronic Data Systems, GM Corporate Staffs Account
3011 West Grand Blvd., Room 9074, Detroit, MI 48202 (313) 556-4474