I've got a dialTBIT for the internal TB.

David Schachter david at llustig.uucp
Tue Feb 20 21:30:32 AEST 1990

I installed a T18PC and found the dialTBIT program from SCO didn't work work
too well as it assumes the presence of non-volatile memory which the T18PC
lacks.  So I munged it quite a bit to work correctly with the T18PC.  I'd like
to make it available, but the original code has copyright notices for SCO and
Microsoft.  What to do?

SCO, are you willing to renounce the copyright?  (XENIX will no longer be
upgraded, according to SCO Exec. V.P. Doug Michaels, just bug fixes through
1991 and then death, so what's to lose?)

The code has been working for about three weeks without failures (since the
friendly folks at 1-800-TELEBIT helped with a few register settings I didn't
alter correctly.)  By the way, XENIX on an Everex 386/20 handles 1380 cps
incoming through the TB without a hiccup, or discernible foreground impact.
And that's with an 8250, which ain't supposed to work at those speeds.

					-- David Schachter
					   llustig!david at mips.com