Xenix Memory Size Restrictions???

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Sun Feb 11 08:46:14 AEST 1990

In article <15030009 at hpfinote.HP.COM>, jackb at hpfinote.HP.COM (Jack Benzel) writes:
> impose any kind of restrictions on the number of megabytes of memory?  For
> instance, does it care if I have 4,5,6,7, or 8 MB of RAM or must I have some
> multiple of n MB such as 2,4,6 or 8?

Xenix doesn't care - but the more memory the faster the system moves as the loadincreases (if that makes sense).  Tune the kernel configuration (see the
sysadmin section of the manual) to take advantage of the additional memory.

                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system