Postscript printers under Xenix

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Tue Feb 6 12:59:32 AEST 1990

In article <8 at pcgbase.UUCP> root at pcgbase.UUCP (Super user) writes:

| 1. I'ts built into the OS, just do mkdev lp and pick the postscript
|    interface. WRONG!

  What happened when you picked the PostScript interface?? What was the
failure mode?

| 2. I'll FAX you a script.
|    The script referenced two files I don't have. (/usr/bin/pscat psprint)

  Bug them again to get the rest of the package.

| 3. It's in the Text Processing system but I don't know anything about that.

  I think that's wrong. I don't have a list of the SLS stuff here, but I
think it was either an SLS, or part of update A (to 2.3.3), or something
like that.

| 4. You have to buy EROFF.  (I've heard SCO can't sell this because they don't
|    have a signed contract)

  I've talked to people who say that they got Elan from SCO, I assume
it's the truth. Elan is *mush* faster than the standard stuff, but it
has a few drawbacks. It doesn't include the man pages, and you can take
the output of old troff and run it through thack to get useful
PostScript.
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen at sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon