Don't flush my queue!

Peter Black pmb at sequim.UUCP
Wed Feb 7 02:35:08 AEST 1990

In article <15030007 at hpfijdw.HP.COM>, jdw at hpfijdw.HP.COM (Jeff Wood) writes:

> I am having trouble with the printer spooler using Xenix 2.3.3.
>
> I am using a serial printer with a call to stty in the interface
>
> Am I doing something wrong???

It is my impression that Xenix 2.3.3 means you've installed Upgrade A
of VP/ix.  I believe I had 2.3.1 before upgrading VP/ix.   After the
upgrade, hardware and software flow control no longer work right.
I fixed the problem by slowing BAUD down to "at or below" the serial
printer's maximum rated speed with stty in the interface script and switches
in the serial printer.  I have seen a system identical to mine running 2.3.1,
without VP/ix, that has working flow control.  I am considering junking VP/ix.
Does anyone have Upgrade B?  What about DOSmerge?  Is it any different?