cron

MARK LEVY mark.levy at canremote.uucp
Fri Feb 9 20:10:00 AEST 1990

cu>Orga: University of Maryland, Baltimore County

cu>At my home system, cron is acting weird (SCO 386 Xenix), cron seems
cu>to be activating once,ie my 'news' file in crontabs does not get
cu>executed but  the first time I boot.  Any ideas as how to fix this?
cu>Thanks

   I seem to recall hearing about this.  I believe that what you need
to do is to periodicly execute something.  If cron goes to sleep for
more than an hour or so, I believe that it won't wake up.

Mark
---
 ~ DeLuxe 1.11a18 #3019
 ~ QNet 2.04a:NorthAmeriNet: Sound Advice BBS ~ Gladstone ~ MO