splitting up root and use

MARK LEVY mark.levy at canremote.uucp
Wed Feb 21 01:06:00 AEST 1990

To: brothers at jetsun.WEITEK.COM (bill brothers)

bO>In article <90020407120109 at masnet.uucp> mark.levy at canremote.uucp
bO>(MARK LEVY) writes: >ts>Has anyone been brave enough to try to take
bO>the /usr files out of >ts>the root filesystem under SCO UNIX 3.2?  If
bO>so, how much stuff did >ts>it break?  How difficult was the split,
bO>and how difficult is it >ts>to reinstall the OS now that you have a
bO>non-standard configuration?

bO>I have separate / and /usr filesystems. It was a piece of cake! You
bO>do have to install the initial system on one filesystem. I put stuff
bO>on four separate disks, so I will keep referring to disks. So if you
bO>are doing it on one disk, just substitute the word filesystem...
bO>These instructions assume that you understand filesystems and
bO>partitions.

   I bleieve that this should have been addressed to Terry Hull

Mark
---
 ~ DeLuxe 1.11a18 #3019
 ~ QNet 2.04: NorthAmeriNet: Sound Advice BBS ~ Gladstone ~ MO