SCO V/386 timezone trouble

David Nugent david at csource.oz.au
Thu Feb 15 05:35:27 AEST 1990

Replying to: 6.25d84e9d at debet.nhh.no

 > Configuring the kernel variables regarding time doesn't
 > help, which I
 > hadn't expected anyway since it doesn't take negative displacements.
 > I tried telling it we were 1380 minutes west, but it makes
 > no difference.
 >
 > Did they just forget that some of us don't live in the
 > United States?

Yes, indeed, I know THAT feeling.  :-)

I think you'll find that /.profile has a TZ variable setting, which
differs from the loaded kernel, and that this causes exactly what
you're seeing.  Change the settings here to the same as they appear
in /etc/default/login (which should agree with what't in the kernel)
and it should be corrected.

david

--
----
uucp: ...!munnari!csource!david
internet: david at csource.oz.au
Central Source ICBS: FidoNet/acsnet gateway, Melbourne, Australia.
----