SCO stopping enhancements for Xenix?

David Schachter david at llustig.uucp
Wed Feb 28 07:09:52 AEST 1990

At the monthly meeting of the Software Entrepeneur's Forum in Palo Alto,
California, SCO Executive V.P. Doug Michaels said there will be no substantial
enhancements to XENIX.  There may be a bug fix release, to incorporate the
various Support Level Supplements that have been issued since the current
release was made.  SCO will provide software support for XENIX until the end of
next year.

He allayed some fears about SCO Unix, stating SCO's next release, in June or
July, will be as fast as XENIX in all areas, including serial port handling,
and about 0.5 megabytes bigger in main memory usage ("core", so to speak.)

Mr. Michaels stated that SCO XENIX currently outsells SCO Unix by 2 or 3 to 1.

I have no special "pipeline" into SCO; I'm reporting my recollection of what
Mr. Michaels said in a public forum.  He seems like a nice guy.

						-- David Schachter
						   llustig!david at mips.com
						   ...!uunet!mips!llustig!david