problem with serial port

Perry Minyard 3MTA3 perry at bluemtn.uucp
Sat Feb 17 07:53:32 AEST 1990

I've got a system running Xenix 2.3.2, with a modem off COM1:

Everything was working fine until a few days ago.  I've checked the modem
and the serial port (under ms-dos) and they work fine.

I have no uucp jobs queue'd up and when I do a ps -ef, I see a process
running that says:   /usr/lib/uucp/dialHA24 -hx0 tty1a 2400

I've got tty1a disabled, and tty1A enabled.

Every time I try to cu -s2400 -ltty1a dir,    It tells me that the device
is locked.   I have double and triple checked my /usr/lib/uucp/Devices
and I have ACU tty1a - 2400 /usr/lib/uucp/dialHA24.

I'm stumped.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Perry Minyard

..!uunet!emory!bluemtn!perry