writing messages to the status line of a terminal

John Campbell soup at penrij.LS.COM
Sun Feb 4 19:04:05 AEST 1990

In article <5672 at holston.UUCP>, barton at holston.UUCP (Barton A. Fisk) writes:

> I would like to be able to write short messages to the
> status line of our wyse 50 terminals, thereby not inter-
> fering with the applications that are running. The environ-
> ment is sco Xenix 2.2.

	Well you won't find this in TERMCAP or TERMINFO!  I think the
	escape sequence is:

	And it is terminated by the next CR or LF or whatever.

	Are you REALLY sure that you wanna do this?  You'll have to
	look at the TERM environment variable to see if this will be
	legal...

--
 John R. Campbell	...!uunet!lgnp1!penrij!soup	  (soup at penrij.LS.COM)
		 "In /dev/null no one can hear you scream"