Using UUCP under a BBS system???

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Sun Feb 11 09:03:54 AEST 1990

In article <2959 at murtoa.cs.mu.oz.au>, vortex at cs.mu.oz.au (Mark Gregson) writes:
> 	I don't suppose anyone out there would know if
> 	there is a BBS system for Xenix that will allow
> 	users to use the UUCP mail facility??

AKCS will do just what you are looking for plus a whole lot more.

> 	I have been told that XBBS will do this, is this true or
> 	false?? I want users to be able to send and receive UUCP
> 	mail whilst logged into the BBS and not have to give out
> 	shell accounts for this facility.

The last time I looked at XBBS, it would only allow the spawning of
external news software - and one would have to set up an account for
your users to access the mailer - which would leave the system open
for security problems.   AKCS takes a cleaner approach with the mail
front end built into the main package.

Call into my system (running AKCS)
                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system