mush 7.0 on SCO Xenix 286 ?

Jay Libove libove at ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 27 14:00:29 AEST 1990

In article <8162 at pt.cs.cmu.edu>, libove at ius3.cs.cmu.edu (Jay Libove) writes:
> I'm trying to build mush 7.0 (as told by ucbvax.berkeley.edu) on
> an 80286 box running SCO Xenix v2.2.1. Compiling the 'curs_io.c'
> module, I get:
>
> curs_io.c(519) : error 65: `FMETA' undefined
> curs_io.c(656) : error 65: `FMETA' undefined
>
> despite the fact that curs_io.c includes glob.h and the last line
> in glob.h unconditionally defines FMETA.

Sigh. It seems that the SCO Xenix/286 v2.2.1 preprocessor grabs the
line right before the glob.h definition of FMETA which is:

#define META "/*?[{"

and fails to parse out the /* as being in a string ... so it becomes
an unclosed comment! And the FMETA definition on the next line never
happens... and it doesn't even complain about the unclosed comment :(

I moved the /*? around to get /?* and now the preprocessor is
happy and it all works. SIGH

Thanks anyway folks...

Jay Libove			Internet: libove at cs.cmu.edu
403 Village Green Blvd, Apt 203	BITNET: libove at drycas
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
(313) 747-7454