Trailblazer Plus & disappointing throughput...

Larry Blair lmb at vicom.com
Wed Feb 7 12:11:13 AEST 1990

In article <511168 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
=> I am using a standard 8250-type UART, with no buffers (a'la 16550's)....
=> would appreciate any suggestions which would assist me in tweaking the system
=> and getting it up to speed....400-600 baud isn't acceptable, and I know that
=> the system is capable of more.....where should I begin?
=
=Make sure you are using UUCP spoofing in the modem, make sure the modem
=interface is locked at 19200, make sure you are using hardware flow control
=(if supported, if not use XON/XOFF but not BOTH), make sure your host is
=batching large bundles (less overhead than lots of small bundles).

DON'T use XON/XOFF with UUCP spoofing!  The UUCP "g" protocol does not
allow for inband signalling.  My feeling is that Telebit should automatically
disable inband flow control when spoofing.
Larry Blair   ames!vsi1!lmb   lmb at vicom.com