Who uses 'adb' debugger?

Jim Anderson jim at aob.aob.mn.org
Sun Jan 7 13:01:28 AEST 1990

In article <107 at melpar.UUCP> toppin at melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin   X2075) writes:
>I am interested in how many people use the 'adb' debugger
The occasions I use adb depend on the circumstances.  On systems that have
it available, I use dbx.  On other systems, I use cdb.  On other systems,
I use adb.  If I have the core file and the executable file that created
it (and a symbol table exists in the executable), I can find out why a
program core dumped, and I can make changes to a program to prevent that
case and possibly others, from doing so.  The other advantage of adb is
that it exists on many machines, so if I provide a symbol table, I can
determine the cause of a core dump over the phone.
--
Jim Anderson			(612) 636-2869
Anderson O'Brien, Inc		New mail:jim at aob.mn.org
2575 N. Fairview Ave.		Old mail:{rutgers,amdahl}!bungia!aob!jim
St. Paul, MN  55113		Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try men's souls.

Jim Anderson			(612) 636-2869
Anderson O'Brien, Inc		New mail:jim at aob.mn.org