Xenix Executables

Rick Odeen rodeen at buddha.UUCP
Sun Jan 7 11:39:41 AEST 1990

In article <165 at raider.MFEE.TN.US> root at raider.MFEE.TN.US (Bob Reineri) writes:
>I noticed the other day, while poking around with the 'file' command on Xenix
>386 2.3.1, that many of the binaries are 8086 and 80286 files ! Things like
>grep, and find are 8086 junk.
>
>Could someone tell me, why on earth would SCO not simply recompile these things
>to take advantage of the 80386 ? SCO ?? I almost can't believe my eyes. This is
>quality control ?

An interesting side note to this..  Recently there was discussion on the
net about the lack of a 2.3.2  Xenix 286 version of the C.  Well, the latest
upgrade of the 2.3.2 Xenix 386, the 286 and dos cross development compiler
is compiled for the 286.  Hmmmm.

Rick Odeen                                    buddha!rodeen at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Nutrition Coordinating Center                           AT&T: +1 612 627 4884
University of Minnesota