Ansi termcap entry

Aaron Burns aaron at bbm.UUCP
Thu Jan 18 02:03:31 AEST 1990

In article <4622 at questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG> jeff at questar.UUCP (Jeff Holmes) writes:

>	I was wondering if anyone knows why the "ansi" termcap
>	distributed with Xenix 386 2.3.2 has some of the capabilties
>	represented using capital letters?
>		PU='page up' PD='page down'
>	What's the reasoning behind this?

In the first page of the TERMCAP (M) entry of my Xenix 2.3.2 User's
Reference, "The codes beginning with uppercase letters (except for CC)
indicate XENIX extensions". ie: RTM

The reasoning is to warn that what you are doing (if you use these
capabilities) is non-standard and may not be portable.

--
Aaron Burns      	     "Nothing I say on the net is binding
Metro Works                   to our corporation"